What should I do to make the transfer of shares to a relative or in-law?
Performing direct transfers between relatives or in-laws up to the fourth degree
“Depozitarul Central” may operate direct transfers of ownership on the financial instruments with cumulative fulfilment of the following conditions:
• the parties are husbands, relatives or in-laws up to the fourth degree;
• none of the parties involved in a transaction of this type is or, as a result of such a transaction, becomes a significant shareholder;
• cumulative volume of these transactions to not exceed within a period of 12 months 1% from the total number of securities of the same type and of the same class, put into circulation by the respective issuer;
• the deed concluded between the parties mentioned to be authenticated by a notary public.
Operation of direct transfers between relatives or in-laws up to the fourth degree, upon application of the involved parties are performed at the “Depozitarul Central” office, based on the following documents:
• application of one of the parties involved in the transaction or of their representative for performing the transfer;
• identity cards of the parties involved in the transaction and/or of their representatives;
• ownership conveying deed authenticated by a notary public and, as applicable, the deeds justifying the degree of kinship;
• proof of payment corresponding to the direct transfer operation.
In order to perform direct transfers between the relatives or in-laws up to the fourth degree, the above mentioned documents can be transmitted to the “Depozitarul Central” and through postal services with a registered letter (with acknowledgment of receipt) transmitted to the “Depozitarul Central” office from no. 34 – 36 Carol I Bd., 2nd City District, 8th floor, postal code 020922, Bucharest.
Additional information can be obtained from S.C. Depozitarul Central S.A. at the telephone numbers (021) 408.58.00, 408.58.46